Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of internet data to develop better understanding of site performance and optimization of web use, to generate improved results and more profitable returns.
It includes information such as:
- number of visitors to your website
- traffic source overview (search engines, referring sites, direct traffic)
- keywords used to find your site and their relevancy
- number of page visits
- content overview with list of pages visited
- conversion rates tracking number of leads or sales achieved
- length of time spent on your site
- origin of visitors to your site
- bounce rates (visitors who leave your site rather then continue to peruse other pages within your site)
Key performance indicators (KPIs) are determined by what activity matters most to you / your brand as a measure of success. It’s only when you know what data matters most, can you then use it as a tool to measure the success of your website. It takes the guess work out of your online marketing.